Terms & Conditions
When you enroll your child (student) with the Young Actors Company Ltd (YAC) you accept these Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) and agree to be bound by them. If you are a student who is aged 18 or over (Adult Student “AS”) you accept these T&Cs and agree to be bound by them when enrolling yourself in all YAC activities for which you are enrolled until such time as notice is given in accordance with these T&Cs.
Where the student is under the age of 18 (Minor Students “MS”) you agree that these T&Cs apply to all YAC activities for which the Student is enrolled until such time as notice is given in accordance with these T&Cs. AS and MS are collectively referred to as Students.
- For a student to take part in any YAC activity a parent or legal guardian (parent) or an AS must consent to these T&Cs by signing this document. YAC reserve the right to update these T&Cs from time to time.
- These T&Cs replace all previous T&Cs. If you are the parent of a MS or an AS already enrolled with YAC please read these T&Cs. Unless you contact us within 14 days of the date of receipt, they shall supersede all previous T&Cs. The continued enrolment of a Student with YAC shall be deemed acceptance of these T&Cs and will be binding.
- No variation of these T&Cs shall be accepted by YAC unless they are confirmed in writing.
- Students are enrolled for a Term and dates and times of classes appear on our website and are confirmed in our acceptance letter.
- To apply for a place for a new Student, the Parent or AS must agree these T&Cs and submit an application form.
- Student places are allocated following a successful audition and are subject to payment being received see clause 9 below.
- In the event of any YAC class being over subscribed the Student will be placed on a reserve list.
- If a parent or AS wishes to cancel a Student enrolment they must do so within 14 days of their confirmed enrolment. An administration fee of 10% of the fee shall be charged and the balance refunded to the Parent within a further 14 days.
- Full Fees are payable 14 days before the commencement of Term for Students with a confirmed enrolment and those who are automatically renewing.
- A deposit payment for Students offered a reserve place must be paid 14 days before the commencement of Term and will be refunded in full 14 days after the commencement of term if it has not been possible to offer a place within the class.
- Payment can be made by any of the following means: Bank Transfer or Standing order.
- If you are unable to make payment in full at the commencement of the Term please speak to us. We may be able to agree a payment plan with you.
- Should fees not be paid in accordance with clause 9 or an instalment is late in accordance with clause 12. The Students place shall be withdrawn, and their enrolment cancelled with YAC.
- Invoices are issued to all Students automatically re-enrolling under the terms of this agreement four weeks before the end of the preceding term.
- Payment is due before the commencement of the new term. In the event of payment not being made the Students place be withdrawn in accordance with clauses 9 and 13 and their place offered to a Student on the reserve list.
- No invoice will be issued where the Parent or AS have notified YAC of non-renewal in accordance with clause 20 below.
- The dates of all classes will be provided at the Commencement of each Term. If a class is cancelled due to the non-availability of the premises, that class will be added on to the end of the current Term Timetable.
- Unless notified by the Parent or AS before the leaving deadline set out on the invoice the Student will automatically be enrolled for the next term and the Fee for the following term shall be payable in accordance with clause 9 above.
- If a Parent or AS does not intend for a Student to automatically be re-enrolled for a class or classes the following Term, they must inform YAC before the leaving deadline set out on the invoice.
- If you fail to inform YAC and they are unable to fill Students place from any reserve list at the beginning of the new term, fees for the Student remain payable as if they had been automatically re-enrolled.
Use of personal information
- YAC owns all the rights, title and interest in and to its website, including software, text, media. Any intellectual property created during any class is owned by YAC.
Social Media and Publicity
- YAC have a website and a public Facebook, Instagram and Twitter page where news, events and achievements are shared.
- YAC may post photographs and videos from our classes or productions. If we use any caption a student will only identified by their forename and never by their full name. These may be used even if the student is no longer enrolled with YAC.
- YAC may also use photographs and video stills for publicity material which included but may not be limited to local magazine adverts, posters, flyers and online advertisements. These may be used even if the student is no longer enrolled with YAC.
- Any Student/Parent who does not wish for their photograph to be used must inform us when enrolling. Health and Safety
- Students attend class and participate in productions at their own risk. Student and Parents are required to inform YAC of any existing injuries or medical conditions at the time of enrolment and keep YAC updated of any injury suffered or medical condition diagnosed during the term.
- If the Student or Parent are in any doubt whether the Student can take part in any class the Students GP should be consulted prior to enrolment.
- Any medication that the Student is required to take must be clearly labelled and be suitable for self-administration by the Student, unless YAC has agreed otherwise in writing.
- In the event of illness or accident whilst during Class or production YAC shall contact the Students designated emergency contact. The emergency contact must always be available whilst the Student is attending any YAC activity and the Parent is responsible for ensuring that emergency contact details are up to date.
- Students are responsible for taking care of any of personal belongings they bring to any YAC activity. YAC accept no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal belongings.
- The maximum liability of YAC to a Student or Parent under these T&Cs shall not exceed the class fee to which the claim relates.
- The liability of YAC and that of any member of its staff is only in respect of class time and further restricted to gross negligence only.
Attendance and behaviour
- All Students are expected to attend their classes regularly.
- In the event of the Student being unable to attend class due to another commitment or illness the Parent is requested to send an email or text informing YAC of the absence.
- Unless they are prevented from attending Class through illness or injury, students must not be absent for more than 3 classes in any one term.
- No refund of fees shall be made if a Student does not attend class unless specifically agreed with YAC.
- All Students and Parents are expected to treat everyone within YAC with respect. Rudeness, poor behaviour or bullying will not be tolerated and will be dealt with appropriately, which may include the Student being asked to leave the class and their enrolment with YAC cancelled. General
- YAC may make changes to their timetables, teaching staff, their advertised programme or the method of its delivery in the event of illness or other circumstances beyond their control.
- If it is necessary for YAC to cancel any class they will provide as much notice as possible. In respect of cancellation at short notice you will be notified by email, text message, telephone call or an announcement on YAC social media sight.
- Students must leave the class promptly and the Parents are responsible for the collection of MS. YAC is unable to supervise Students after a class has been completed.
- Fees are reviewed annually. YAC will inform the Parent or AS of any increase.
- These T&Cs form the entire agreement between the parties unless any variation is agreed in writing.
- If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful or unenforceable that provision shall deemed to be severed from the remainder of the Agreement which shall remain in full force and effect.
- This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any dispute shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Court.
YAC PRIVACY STATEMENT How we use your personal information – The Young Actors Company Ltd
This statement explains how the Young Actors Company (YAC) handles and uses the personal information we collect about our students and their immediate families, for processes relating to our operations and activities. When changes are made to this statement, we will email or write to you.
The controller for your personal information at The Young Actors Company is Director – Vanessa Boland. She can be contacted at: [email protected]actorscompany.com Tel: 07522931138. Vanessa is responsible for all aspects of YAC data protection.
The information kept by YAC Name Address DoB Parent/Carer names + child care and control contact where necessary. Email, Contact numbers (min 2 separate numbers) School Name, School year, Relevant medical conditions/requirements, Bank details where necessary.
How we use your personal information Our normal legal basis for processing your personal information is that we believe it is in our legitimate interests to do so, in order for YAC to exercise suitable duty of care to students and to enable direct contact for information about YAC and YAC Agency activities and up-dates.
We keep your personal information for as long as we need it, or until you request us to remove it.
With whom we share your personal information Your data is shared as appropriate with internal YAC staff who work with students and with external parties (for example casting directors and production companies) at YAC’s discretion.
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you or your children. You also have the right to ask us to correct any inaccurate personal information we hold about you, to delete personal information, or otherwise restrict our processing, or to object to processing or communications, or to receive an electronic copy of the personal information you provided to us. Please note that all of these rights are qualified in various ways.
If you have questions or concerns about how your personal information is used, please contact us using the above details.
If you remain unhappy with the way your information is being handled, or with the response received from us, you have the right to lodge a complaint via:
Last updated: February 2021